Interested in helping animals but don't have the time to foster or volunteer at the shelter? Maybe you would consider sponsoring the adoption of a pet.
- Sponsor chooses a pet to sponsor the full adoption fee. If it's a Golden Whiskers or Lonely Hearts Club pet, the WCAS Auxiliary would sponsor their portion and the sponsor would sponsor the other half of the adoption fee.
- Sponsor pays for the cost of the adoption. All sponsors must come to Winnebago County Animal Services in person to complete the form and pay with cash or check.
- Sponsor fills out Sponsorship Form with a WCAS Customer Service Clerk at the front desk. Clerk and Sponsor both sign the document. Clerk will ask Sponsor to acknowledge whether or not they want to to be identified as the pet adoption sponsor by having them initial the form next to their preference.
- Three copies of the Sponsorship Form are made. One copy for the Sponsor and two copies for WCAS.
- The pet being sponsored will be promoted on social media, WCAS website and other media.